The Arizona Department of Transportation will begin a project to repair a section of State Route 95 north of Quartzsite Thursday, Oct. 11 and will work through Saturday, Oct. 13. Traffic will be intermittently stopped and workers will escort drivers through the work zone from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Drivers should allow extra travel time between Quartzsite and Parker as delays of up to 15 minutes are expected.
What to expect during work hours:
- Traffic will be narrowed to one lane on State Route 95 between mile posts 110 and 115 (Plomosa Road).
- Drivers will need to come to a complete stop as workers direct traffic through the work zone.
- Delays of up to 15 minutes are expected.
- Message boards will be displayed to inform drivers of work zone restrictions.
- Law enforcement will be on-site to monitor traffic and enforce speed limit.